Thursday, December 6, 2007

Color me shocked!!!

Last night I was showing Emmie some of the gifts we had bought for her Memaw. She loved each and every one of them. Afterwards she was helping me wrap them. We were chit chatting about whatever came to mind as we wrapped. We started off talking about how excited she was for our vacation. She sang one of the songs she is learning for her Christmas program at school, what ever came into her mind we talked about it. I was on my hands and knees, cutting a strip of paper to wrap a certain gift and out of no where Emmie very matter of factly says "Mom, I broke up with Trent today." If I had been drinking something I would have spewed my beverage all over the paper and her just like in the movies. I very calmly said with as straight a face as I could keep (looking down at the gift wrapping so she couldn't see my face). "I didn't even know you were dating anyone. Why did you break up with Trent?" She replyed "Because he doesn't play with me very much. We were on the play ground running and laughing and playing and I turned around to look behind myself and he wasn't there. I looked around and he was sitting down being hot." I asked what she meant by being "hot" hoping she wasn't referring to being sexy hot like she has heard on Hannah Montana and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. I was very relieved to find out he had simply gotten over heated. She then proceeded to tell me that "When he was sitting there being hot, I had a little talk with him and he said he didn't want to play because he was hot. Well that hurt my feelings and I think he should still play with me even when he is hot" I said "If he was running around he probably did get hot. Some people cannot run around as much as you do and they don't like to get hot." She then said "Well, If he doesn't want to play with me I don't know what to do." I said "I think you did the right thing in breaking up with him. You need to find someone who can keep up with you on the play ground. Please tell me if you are seeing anyone else in the future. I would like to know before the break up." She said "Well, I will think about it but you never know. A girl has to have some privacy you know."

Good Grief! What am I in for when this child hits the teen age years. Preteens will be the death of me for sure.

No comments: