Monday, September 8, 2008

It's Folly Beach Time Again

We had our annual visit with friends from MI who come down to Folly Beach every year. I keep saying we will go down and camp while they are there but as it turns out they always go the week school starts here. Here are pictures of the girls playing in the water.


After dinner with our friends we took a walk to see the old abandoned light house off the coast of Folly Beach. Below are some pictures taken at the tip of the Island overlooking the light house.

At one point we saw something way out in the water and could not make out what it was. It sort of looked like an island or a ship or the shore on the other side of the inlet miles across. I zoomed my camera in on it and took a picture. I was lucky it turned out. The "mysterious object" turned out to be a Navy ship. Here is a picture of it. I guess the water was pretty rough that day.

No comments: