Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Fly Butterfliesfly! Emmie's 1st Soccer Game

My baby had her first soccer game last Saturday. Let me tell you she did GREAT! In the third quarter she got the ball and dribbled it straight down the field and kept complete control over it. She took it all the way to the goal post but stopped just short of shooting a goal as she realized she went the wrong way down the field. She then turned it around and headed back up the field and one of those Blueberry girls (the opposing team) took it away and scored on her. Below are a few pictures. As you can see we need to have a chat with the coaches regarding running in the path of the camera.

Below they are warming up before the game.
Remember what I said about the coaches? Below is the picture of Emmie running the ball down the field for the first time. The assistant coach Mr Chris stepped right in front of me as I took the picture. Actually, I when I clicked the picture he wasn't there but when the shutter opened he was. Maybe if he knows his butt will be posted to the internet he will be more mindful of photographing parents. LOL

Ah yes, below is a picture of Emmie kicking the ball in to her team mates. Yes, that is another coach (of the opposing team) who stepped in the way as I clicked. You can barely make out the edge of the 5 on her uniform.

Despite the male coaches best efforts, I did get a few good pictures of my baby's first soccer game. I supposed it is worth noting that her head coach is a woman (Coach Johanna) and she did not get her back side in any of our pictures.





In closing this post I have to say Emmie is truly enjoying playing soccer. Last Thursday as we were leaving she was skipping along and said "I told you I would love soccer Mommy! I told you I would love it and I do! I love playing soccer!"
She has now shifted gears and wants to be a professional soccer player when she grows up. So far she has gone from wanting to be a doctor, to a teacher, to a dentist, to a soccer player. It will be interesting to find out what this amazing little girl will be when it is all said and done. Whatever she becomes I am sure she will be amazing at it.

No comments: