Saturday, October 6, 2007

Go Butterflies Go!

Emmie had another soccer game today. I was the "Field Marshall" of the day for the 12:00pm game. I told Emmie that I couldn't sit with her because I had to walk around and mix around with the other parents to make sure they are behaving. She asked "What do you mean?" I then told her "I am the soccer police for the game. If anyone does not behave with good sportsmanship I have to call the police with my walkie talkie to make them leave". She said "OOOOhhhhh! Okay."
I am not sure because the score is not kept but it seemed to me that if score would have been kept I believe the Butterflies would have won. Either that or it would have been close. We started out pretty slow but finished strong. The Grasshoppers (the other team) had some really big girls on that team. Most of them had played together as a team for the third year in a row. One parent said his daughter was only 5 and going to be 6 next month but she looked like she was already 6 going on 7. She's is number 6 in the last pictures below. She was almost a full foot taller than the tallest girl on our team. She would go down and guard the goal too.

Below are a few highlight pictures of the game. Sorry, I didn't think to have my picture as field marshal taken for the blog.

Emmie with Coach Johana.

Emmie kickin it in bounds.

Gettin in the game!


This is Emmie's favorite part of the game! She told me "I really like it when all my team mates put our hands in a circle and we all yell Goooooooo Butterflies! and when we run through the tunnel of parents."

Parents of both teams line up making a tunnel and both teams run through it with the parents yelling and cheering.

These are the really big girls the Butterflies played against today. The biggest girl was #6. Amazing that girls this size play against the average 4 year old. The girl in blue on the left was one of the referee and was not that much taller than #6. She was 12 years old and #6 was only 5! Insane!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even though I hate the heat (do they play soccer in the snow?!), your pics are making me rethink my idea of my daughter doing mostly indoor sports!! I love the picture of her running through the "tunnel".
Becky R