Thursday, November 22, 2007

End of our first soccer season

This is a bit late, I thought my PC was giving me problems but it appears it was Blogger not my PC.
We made it through our first soccer season and EmmaLi is hooked. I must say I too have caught the soccer bug. I enjoyed every minute of the season. The Mighty Butterflies had their last game last weekend. My precious baby scored her first goal of the season. She almost had two but one of her team mates cut her off and kicked the ball into the net just as she got it to the goal. She was robbed to say the least. However, before the last game of the season was over, she scored her first goal. The picture below is her kicking that ball in the goal.


After the game we had the Team Awards Banquet. I was team mom so it was my responsibility to plan the party, order the trophy's and collect the money from the other parents. Truthfully, I accepted Team Mom without fully knowing what the responsibilities were. I pulled it all together in a matter of a few days. I coerced a local restaurant owner to allow us to have our banquet at their restaurant. They thought they were too full . I convinced him otherwise. hee hee I ordered the trophys and the girls loved them. Of all the teams at that restaurant having their awards banquets we had the BEST trophys. Ours had soccer balls that could spin and holographic shooting stars on them. The girls couldn't stop talking about them. On our way home Emmie said "Mama?" I said "Yes Emmie?" She said "I LOVE my trophy! I just love it!" She was so proud of her trophy and of her first goal. I was so proud of her.


Here are her individual soccer picture and also her team picture. I am so proud of her. She was awesome this year!


No comments: