Sunday, November 4, 2007

Happy Birthday Chase!!!

We have had a hectic week and are quite behind in many things with these posts being one of the many things.

Last weekend we headed out of town to visit friends in Atlanta. We were able to visit some folks we don't see as often as we would like. We drove over early Saturday morning and met a friend I haven't seen since I moved from Atlanta. She had never met EmmaLi. We had a nice long nearly two hour lunch. I wish it could have been longer. When she sends me the photos I'll post them.

After that we went to "my boy's" birthday party. Emmie loves Chase. She calles him her brother because I call him my boy. She loves going to see him. We also got to spend some time with Amber (Chase's biological sister). Legally they are no longer siblings because Amber has been adopted by another family. However, they will always be brother and sister. Chase had his birthday party at a bowling alley. Ironic that both Emmie and Chase chose a bowling alley for their birthdays but neither of them knew the other was planning a bowling birthday. Chase had a spider man birthday but Emmie is planning a High School Musical Birthday. I know, I know it wasn't that long ago that She declared she wanted a Hannah Montana birthday. Here are pcitures of the party.
Emmie and Amber dancing with Chase watching the screen.

Chase bowling.

After the party we went to visit some other friends. My friends daughter and Emmie share the same birthdate but different years. Emmie will be five next Feb and Sydney will be entering her teen years. Insane. Emmie kept Sydney busy for sure. I really wish they lived closer to us. Emmie loves Sydney and even stayed with her long enough for Tracy and I to run to the store real quick. That was a big deal. All she asked me was if I was going to come back. I said yes, of course I will be coming back. She said "Okay, I'll stay here with Sydney." That was it. We went to visit Tracy's church which was nice. Emmie finally agreed to go. Some people think that I shouldn't have to get her to agree to do something but the repercussions of not getting her to buy into it are too great. The back lash runs for days or weeks. We drove home after a lunch and a quick visit with our friends at their home. Emmieof course, asked to go back to Sydney's house and was pleading with me saying "Please Mommy! Can we go back to Sydneys house for a little while?" Then Sydney started in on me too. "Please, please, please pleeeeeeeease can you come back to our house?" I couldn't fight the two of them.
It was a great visit with friends we have not spent enough time with over the past couple years.

No comments: