Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter!

Easter morning EmmaLi woke up before me and slid out of bed without waking me up. I woke up to her patting my back and saying "Mommy! I thnk the Easter Bunny came. I think he left me an aquarium." I said "What do you mean you think he brought you an aquarium? Either he did or he didn't." She said "Well, I didn't have an aqaurium last night but this morning there is one next to my Easter Basket. It's not IN my Easter Basket, it is next to it" I said "Well, it sounds like he brought you an aquarium all right." She then said "Come on! Let's go see!" Here is a picture of her with her basket...messy hair and all.

After church we went to our friends house for Easter dinner. Kaya is on Emmie's soccer team and they get along well. We have had a few play dates with her. We had another egg hunt at Kaya's house. Here are some pictures of the last egg hunt of 2008.


Unfortunately, I was in the middle of an allergy attack Easter Sunday. I had to leave the church service to cough my fool head off and get some tissues. Emmie and my noses were running like nobodies business. We went to our friends house for a "real" Easter dinner and to have friends around for the holiday. I wanted nothing more than to go home and crawl in bed to sleep. We stayed at our friends pretty much all afternoon because Emmie had Kaya to play with which gave me a break. It was the most rest I was going to get! LOL We also enjoy Kaya's parents company too. That fact is worth mentioning too. Kaya's mom and I sat at the kitchen table chatting all afternoon while the girls played outside. Kaya's dad brought out a telescope for the girls to look through. We looked outside and found them like this. Emmie looking in one end and Kaya looking in the other. LOL We went back to the table and looked again and we found they had switched places and were looking in the opposite ends.

When Kaya's Mom found out that EmmaLi had gotten an aquarium from te Easter Bunny, she offered Emmie some guppy fish to put in her aquarium. She loves them. She goes in to check on them every morning and feeds them. When we get home from school and work, she goes into her room and feeds them and checks on them again. She is so protective of her baby fish. There is one adult mommy fish and 6 little baby fish. We don't know whether they are males or females as they don't get their color until they are older. here is a picture of Emmie's aquarium.

Overall (allergies aside) it was a great day. We went to church, had a wonderful Easter dinner with friends and had a nice relaxing afternoon.

No comments: