Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Oh the sweet things she says...

I have to share a conversation I just had with the sweetest girl in the whole wide world. I was reading emails and EmmaLi came up to me, layed her head on my arm, looked at me with those big brown eyes and the follow conversation occured:

EmmaLi: "I just love beautiful things."
Me: "I am so glad you love beautiful things."
EmmaLi: "That's why I love you!"
Me: "I think you are the most beautiful little girl in the world. Most importantly you are beautiful right here!" (and I patted her heart)
EmmaLi: "Yep and Jesus is in there and He makes me beautiful cause He is beautiful. I just love Jesus!"
Me: "Me too."
EmmaLi: "What do you think Jesus wears in my heart?" (pause for 2 seconds then) "I know. Probably a robe maybe. A beautiful white robe."

Then she took off to jump on her trampoline singing Hannah Montana with her telescope and binoculars. Motherhood is the best. It is better than anything I ever imagined it could be.

No comments: