Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I was menstioned on the news today!

Normally in the morning I get EmmaLi off to school and come home to have a leisurely morning watching the Today show, checking email, and breakfast. Yesterday I decided to tune into a local program on WACH Fox. Basically, I am tired of hearing all of the details and praises of Obama who has yet to DO anything other than speak eloquently and ralley a crowd.

Anyway, the anchors started talking about a Barbie from the 60's or 70's that grew breasts. It was a vague memory and one anchor thought maybe she had imagined it. I jumped on the PC and did a quick search and found that Mattel did in fact make and sold TWO of these Barbie's. They were named Growing Up Skipper and Growing Up Ginger. You crank their air and they grew breasts. It was designed to help girls going through puberty. Apparently the public outrage was rather great and while Mattel thought we were in an age of acceptance, they were sadly mistaken. We were at an open age for grown ups but not for the little girls.

I was never into Barbies as a young girl but I do not remember these Barbies. Maybe one of you remembers this Skipper doll. I emailed the anchor with a link showing the Skipper and Ginger dolls. This morning they were discussing my email and mentioned my name several times like I was an expert. They would say "Kim a first time viewer wrote in...", "Kim says..." and "What else did Kim say?"LOL It was kind of wierd knowing they were talking about me. I've never wanted to be famous so hopefully, that will be 5 minutes of my 15 minutes of fame.

Follow the link below to see Growing Up Skipper.

http://www.dollreference.com/skipper_doll2.html

No comments: